Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blog -1 : “ I’m a Cyborg”

The definition of the word “Cyborg” is the bionic human as they use in 1960s. But in these days, we can also use it as the people who are relying on the electronic devices for their daily life processes. Almost everyone in the 21st century are Cyborg because we all are relying on the electronic devices such as mobile phones, computers, internet, cars, TVs, radios, video games, trains, credit cards, metro cards, Mp3 players and so on. As for myself, I also am a Cyborg because I’m a human of the 21st century. I have to use electronic devices since I wake up in the morning. Since I wake up in the morning, I have to use computer or TV to check the weather of the day outside, and prepare to go to school or work. Since when I step outside of the house, I have to get the train or bus to go to the school. When I get to the school, all the classes are teaching with the projectors and if we have something to write we use computers to write and send them to the professors through the email or blogs. We use computers all the time in school to write anything expect the examination time because we will be able to cheat if we use computers in the exam. We have to use computers even to register for the school and classes. After we are leaving from school, we still can check our e-mails or anything we want through our mobile phones on the way home from anywhere expect in the train stations under the ground. And when we get home, we watch TVs or play video games for entertainment. After that, we can do home works on the computers and send them to the professors through internet. We can use internet to get information not only for school work or home work but also the information about anything in the universe. After homework, we can keep up with our friends on the internet through face book or other social websites. That’s how we spend a day in the 21st centuary.
I’m working in a restaurant as a waiter. In the place I work, the way we work is more electronically if you compare to most of the restaurants. We use PDA s to take the orders instead of using pen and paper. We use PDAs to take the orders and send them through the wireless network to the printer in the kitchen. And when we drop the checks , we print them out from the printer. It’s totally 100% electronic that we are doing there. Our lives are going to be in trouble if we don’t have any more electronic devices because we are so much in it and we don’t know how to do things without electronic devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment